Monday, April 11, 2011

Bridges

Today I will be teaching you a simple little technique to help you with more challenging stencils.

The most difficult stencil I have done to date is a stencil of Roy lichtenstein's pop art masterpiece. I cannot show you the picture of it due to copyright issues.

What made this particular stencil so hard was that I could not just cut out that is if I wanted to keep the stencil intact.

To solve my little problem of messing up my stencil I just created a bridge.

Usually, when creating a stencil you should make the picture black and white and cut out the black. In my case if I cut out all the black some white would come with it thus ruining my stencil.

So, to eliminate my problem I just added a bridge. A bridge is where you create a llittle strip to connect the white portions of the stencil.

The little strips will act as a bridge to keep the white parts from together. The bridge will prevent you from cutting out the white portions while you cut out the black parts.

That is the bridge technique in a nutshell. Keep on reading. I will be back next week with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment